ADP W2 (Current Employee) – ADP W2 Former Employee


Got Your New Job and Left ADP Behind? Worry Not, Your W-2 Awaits!

Congratulations on your new adventure! Starting a fresh chapter in your career is exciting, but amidst the whirlwind of change, a crucial detail emerges your W-2 from ADP. Fear not, a former ADP employee, retrieving your tax form is simpler than navigating office politics (hopefully!).

Your W-2: The Key to Tax Season

Your W-2 form, issued by ADP on behalf of your previous employer, is the essential document for filing your taxes. It details your wages, taxes withheld, and other income earned during your time with the company. Having it readily available ensures a smooth tax filing process, avoiding delays and potential penalties.

Two Paths to Your W-2: Online or Snail Mail

ADP offers two convenient ways to access your W-2, depending on your situation:


Online Access:

  • If you had online access before leaving your job:
    • Head to and log in using your previous credentials.
    • Navigate to the “Tax Forms” section and download your W-2.
  • If you never accessed your W-2 online:
    • Check your email for an ADP message with instructions on activating your online account. If you can’t find it, contact your former employer’s HR or payroll department for assistance.

Snail Mail:

  • If you didn’t have online access or haven’t received your W-2 by mail by January 31st:
    • Reach out to your former employer’s HR or payroll department to request a copy. They are legally obligated to provide it to you.

Pro Tip: Download and save your W-2 electronically for future reference and tax filings. You can also store a physical copy as a backup.

More W2 Forms

  1. Kroger W2 Form
  2. OnePhilly W2 Form

Navigating the ADP Maze: FAQs for Former Employees


  • What if my former employer is no longer in business?
    • Don’t fret! Contact the IRS at 1-800-829-1040. They can help you obtain your W-2.
  • I can’t remember my login information for the ADP portal.
    • No worries! Click “Forgot your user ID?” or “New user?” on the login page and follow the prompts to recover your access.
  • I need to make changes to my W-2 information.
    • Contact your former employer’s HR or payroll department directly to address any discrepancies.

Remember: Filing your taxes accurately and on time is crucial. Having your ADP W-2 in hand is the first step towards a smooth and stress-free tax season. Now, go forth and conquer your new job, armed with the knowledge to navigate the W-2 world like a pro!

ADP W2 FAQs: Current Employees vs. Former Employees


For Current Employees:

  • Q: When will I receive my W-2 from ADP?
    • A: Employers must distribute W-2s by January 31st. You can access your W-2 electronically through the ADP portal once available. Contact your company’s payroll department for specific timing.
  • Q: How do I access my W-2 electronically with ADP?
    • A: If you haven’t previously accessed your paystubs online, you’ll need a registration code from your employer. Once registered, log in to “MyADP” with your username and password. Click on “Tax Documents” to download your W-2.
  • Q: What information is included on my ADP W-2?
    • A: Your W-2 includes your wages, federal income tax withheld, Social Security and Medicare taxes paid, state and local taxes withheld, and other applicable deductions.
  • Q: I lost my registration code or can’t access my ADP portal. What should I do?
    • A: Contact your company’s payroll department for assistance. They can resend your registration code or reset your password.
  • Q: Can I make changes to my W-2 information if it’s wrong?
    • A: If you believe your W-2 contains errors, contact your company’s payroll department immediately. They’ll need to investigate and issue a corrected W-2 if necessary.

For Former Employees:

  • Q: How do I get my W-2 if I’m no longer employed by the company that used ADP?
    • A: If you previously accessed your W-2s through the ADP portal, try logging in again. Your past information may still be available. If not, contact your former employer’s HR or payroll department to request a copy of your W-2.
  • Q: I can’t reach my former employer for my W-2. What are my options?
    • A: If you’re unable to contact your former employer, you can request a transcript of your wages and taxes from the IRS. Visit the IRS website or call 1-800-829-1040 for details.
  • Q: My former employer is no longer in business. How can I get my W-2?
    • A: Contact the IRS for assistance. They may be able to provide you with a substitute W-2 based on your tax records.
  • Q: Can I access my previous year’s W-2s from ADP if I’m no longer employed?
    • A: Unfortunately, access to past W-2s through the ADP portal is typically limited to current employees. You must contact your former employer or the IRS for the previous year’s forms.



  • It’s crucial to file your taxes accurately and on time. Ensure you have all your necessary tax documents, including your W-2s, before filing.

Additional Resources:

Bonus Tip: Consider using tax filing software or consulting a tax professional for additional guidance, especially if your tax situation is complex.

We hope this information empowers you to confidently obtain your ADP W-2 and file your taxes with ease. Remember, knowledge is power, and when it comes to your W-2, you’re now in control!

Scroll to Top